Sozo Children was founded on May 13, 2010, out of an urgent need to care for neglected children in Uganda. When two missionaries discovered a group of children in dire need of care—they did the only thing they knew to do. In just ten days, and with the local Ugandan Government's help, a new home was started initially providing seventeen children a roof over their heads, clean clothes, and hope for the future.
As a mission-based ministry, we serve God by serving others. By meeting the needs of children once trapped in generational poverty, we equip them mentally, physically, and spiritually to become strong leaders for Christ who will transform their communities for the next generation.
OUR CHILDREN COME FIRST
We believe every child entrusted to us is uniquely created by God and deserves an opportunity to thrive. Equipped with the best education, healthcare, and nutrition, our children are given the tools they need to thrive in life, creating a better future for the communities they will serve.
IT'S ALL FOR GOD'S GLORY
Scripture tells us there is no greater joy than children who walk in truth. We believe communities can only experience real transformation when Christ is at the center of the home.
WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER
We work in partnership with local leaders in the communities we serve to empower those we serve to be true leaders for Jesus.
statement of faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, ultimately authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is deity, that He was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by His atoning death through His shed blood, that He bodily resurrected and ascended into Heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory.
- We believe individuals are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen Lord, at which time they are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe individuals are saved by grace, through faith in Christ, not by our own works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer enabling him to live a godly life of obedience as he reaches for maturity.
- We believe the Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form one body, the church.
The success of Sozo Children wouldn’t be possible without our passionate, faith-led team across two continents. From our US-based founders through to our many incredible team members in Uganda, we work together to give children a brighter, better future through God.